Req ID: R2120978
Blockchain Business Development Lead, Americas
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The world is changing fast! Blockchain is disrupting various industries by enabling multi-party ecosystems to interact like they couldn’t before.
Enterprises now understand that there is a breadth of value that Blockchain can provide (a lot more beyond cryptocurrencies!). At the same time, they are also at different stages in their journey of adopting Blockchain. Some are well on their way with major use-cases in production, while others are just getting started. Every customer engagement is unique with an exciting range of opportunities to transform and modernize existing businesses, or create new models that were not possible before.
As the Blockchain Business Development Lead, Americas your primary focus is aimed at developing and closing strategic business for VMware Blockchain in the Americas. You will be part of the Blockchain Business Unit and work closely with the product teams to deliver successful outcomes to customers. Cultivating strategic approaches, identifying product-market fit and using entrepreneurial approaches while leveraging the broader VMware teams and partners. Collaborating with the entire partner ecosystem to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions is critical. Without you and your collaborators, we won’t have accelerated business growth!
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work on?
· The primary objective of this position is to develop a healthy customer pipeline for VMware Blockchain and to strategically drive customer deals to close. – Cultivate a healthy Blockchain pipeline by engaging closely with direct VMware sales teams and strategic sales operations teams within existing VMware strategic accounts. Similarly engage closely with leaders and GTM teams at technology and services partners to align customer engagement strategy to deliver maximum value to our customers
– You will play a major role and in achieving and exceeding quarterly booking targets for VMware Blockchain.
– You will lead the customer engagements and engage with senior leaders and working teams at our customers to build their trust in the relationship with the blockchain business unit.
– You will develop positioning that takes the customer context into consideration, you will craft seasoned responses, and you will bring in the appropriate members of the team to drive customer engagements forward.
– You will support Partners in negotiating large deals with deeply complex terms, conditions, prices pressures and considerations. This will require you to be capable of accurately assessing contract terms, customer requirements, and product capabilities to ensure VMware is positioned well.
– You will orchestrate territory coverage through effective collaboration, leadership, and coaching of internal team/specialists and external partners on how to position and close VMware opportunities. You will work closely with top Partner Executives across the U.S. including boutique and large SI partners.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
· You will collaborate with internal VMware account teams and sales ops teams to initiate, prioritize and develop customer engagements.
· Travel is currently limited due to Covid, but you could expect to travel 25% or more to meet with and present to current and prospective customers and for internal and customer events/meetings.
· Develop and deliver customer presentations that are in the voice of the customer, and relevant to their context. You will require a deep understanding of the customers’ business problems and their environment to do this effectively
· Develop customer pricing and delivery proposals with input from product, professional services and partner teams. You will lead the delivery of customer requests for information and requests for proposals in collaboration with the field specialist engineering teams
· Support and provide guidance to both field and partner marketing events
· Coordinate with an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Product Specialists, Field Marketing, Professional Services as well as external partners, as appropriate, to further the business goals.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
We are a tight knit team that collaborates closely across customer engagements, product management, product marketing, engineering and support teams. We are creative about finding solutions to unique challenges and we balance it with the appropriate amount of structure in our approaches. We see ourselves as being in the arena together where we challenge ourselves to do our best, deliver results and support each other to succeed as a team.
Where is this role located?
Remote: this role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in the Americas.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
· Generous Time Off Programs
· 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
· Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
· Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
· Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
To apply for this job please visit careers.vmware.com.