Req ID: R2116314
Exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer on our Blockchain Engineering team.
You will be working at VMware’s Blockchain Engineering team to make VMware Blockchain the leading Enterprise Blockchain platform.
At VMware, we are building Enterprise Blockchain solutions using innovative technology, enterprise grade quality, and cutting-edge software approaches.
We are targeted to have over 3 $Trillion of financial instruments on our platform in the next 2 years.
You will be part of a talented team from across the world including industry experts.
Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware’s EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
* Contribute to key pieces of the blockchain core platform, including the consensus layer, distributed ledger, storage, and smart contracts layer. This could include dealing with the data layer, security layer, or distributed network layers.
* Analyze and improve performance, scalability, and stability of blockchain core product
* Collaborate effectively with other engineers and researchers to solve complex problems. Work with a global team in different geographical locations
* Strong development skills in C++ and Linux
* Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
* Ability to work efficiently as part of a global engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes.
* Nice to have: experience and/or interest in the following technology areas:
– Distributed systems
– Database (internals and implementations)
– Storage Systems
– Big Data Processing Systems
– Operating Systems
– Performance Analysis and Optimization
– Cryptography and security
Who you are:
* Self Starter – Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
* Strong collaboration skills with a “Team First” mentality.
* Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
* “Growth” mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* 5+ years experience in an equivalent role
* Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
To apply for this job please visit careers.vmware.com.