Req ID: R2112623
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Program Manager in our Blockchain Technical Program Management and Operations team. We foster a culture of operational excellence within Blockchain Engineering.
At VMware, we are building Enterprise Blockchain solutions using innovative technology, enterprise grade quality, and cutting-edge software approaches. You will work as part of a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware’s EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
* Coordinate the success of VMware’s Blockchain products and services across geographies.
* Lead technical programs or initiatives, having a clear and constant understanding of priorities to ensure expected outcomes are delivered.
* Facilitate the development and execution of the program plan. Shepherd features through the development process while ensuring quality and compliance are maintained. Manage dependencies and track status.
* Use your technical background and product knowledge to proactively identify and articulate risks and drive their resolution.
* Be the authority on software development life cycle processes and champion engineering and process best practices, continuous improvement, metrics, transparency, and quality standards.
* Independently and accurately report on the state of your program to executive and other stakeholders.
* Be able to operate at a strategic level as well as a detailed hands-on and get the work done.
* Take your release deliverables live after driving compliance and launch activities.
* Provide expertise on process improvements and tools that lead to shared standard methodologies across Engineering. Foster a culture of operational excellence.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical work experience
* 8+ years of previous program management experience leading strategic software development programs for enterprise software or SaaS solutions
* Experience in software development in a commercial environment
* Experience introducing and operating software engineering processes
* Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
* Adaptability to change, comfortable in a fast paced environment
* Strong, validated experience with leadership, problem solving, and critical thinking
* Waterfall, Agile and SAFe methodology experience.
Who you are:
* Collaborator: Builds strong connections across multiple organizations.
* Communicator: Strong presence. Communicates appropriately across different levels and roles.
* Curious: Asks probing questions to gather data and root cause issues.
* Data Curator: Leverages data from multiple sources to make informed decisions. Assesses multiple viewpoints and perspectives to arrive at a path forward. Shares data succinctly using dashboards.
* Strategic: Sees the big picture and defines key outcomes.
* Results Oriented: Works with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver key outcomes. Drives with a sense of urgency.
* Influencer: Has a point of view and uses to influence with intent. Facilitates and coaches to influence outcomes and decisions.
* Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira Core, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, etc.)
* Experience building dashboards (Tableau, Jira).
* Experience as an engineering manager.
* Experience program managing new SaaS offerings.
To apply for this job please visit careers.vmware.com.