Req ID: R2104348
Exciting opportunity for a Staff Software Engineer on our Blockchain Engineering team.
You will be working at VMware’s Blockchain Engineering team to make VMware Blockchain the leading Enterprise Blockchain platform.
At VMware, we are building Enterprise Blockchain solutions using innovative technology, enterprise grade quality, and cutting-edge software approaches.
We are targeted to have over 3 $Trillion of financial instruments on our platform in the next 2 years.
You will be part of a talented team from across the world including industry experts.
Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware’s EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
· Contribute to key pieces of the blockchain core platform, including but not limited to the consensus layer, distributed ledger, storage, and smart contracts layer. This could include dealing with the data layer, security layer, or distributed network layer
· Analyze and improve performance, scalability, and stability of blockchain core product
· Collaborate effectively with other engineers and researchers to solve complex problems. Work with a global team in different geographical locations
· 10+ years of industry-level software development experience
· Proven experience driving system/software architecture and design for complex systems
· Research, prototype, and implement complex architectures in distributed systems:
– Performance, scale, software layering, maintainability, and future flexibility
· Demonstrated expertise in the distributed systems design and architecture of
– Software engineering development experience, in large scaled distributed systems with enterprise-grade capability
– Database and Large-scale Storage Systems
– Big Data Processing Systems
– Operating Systems
– Performance Analysis and Optimization
– Cryptography and security
· Strong experience in C++ is a must
· Experience with Blockchain technologies
Who you are:
· Self-Starter – Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Strong collaboration skills with a “Team First” mentality.
· Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
· “Growth” mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· 5+ years’ experience in an equivalent role
· Bachelors/Masters in computer science and equivalent experience
To apply for this job please visit careers.vmware.com.